Inssider 5.3.0 Does not find Qualcomm Atheros AR938x

The latest version of Inssider 5.3.0 Does not find Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter.

Inssider 5.2.25 is working OK still.

@raymondjpg I can’t think of anything that changed between those versions that would have adversely impacted inSSIDer finding a WiFi adapter… hmmm… I’ll do some more investigation.

In 5.3.0 was it set to “Always Start as Admin?” Did you uninstall and then reinstall 5.2.25?

Hi Ryan

Thanks for the response.

I run my Windows 10 applications with unrestricted Admin access. I’m running the free version of inssider so I don’t see any option to set to “Always Start as Admin”.

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled 5.2.25 which continues to work fine with the Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter. I put a block on the firewall to prevent autoupdate to 5.3.0.

Regards

@raymondjpg I’ve reverted some changes I made related to adapters, which I think will fix this issue. As I am unable to reproduce the issue at my house I have built a special version for you to test. Please download and try this version and let me know how it goes. It won’t try to update to anything else (until the next version is released), so you should be able to unblock the firewall too. Thanks!

https://metageek.link/inssider-update-url-v1-0-2/inSSIDerSetup-5.3.3-adapters.exe

Yes thank you. This version 5.3.3 is working OK with my Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter. I have left the firewall open for any updates.

Regards

1 Like

Excellent! This version (5.3.3) is now the official version and this fix will be incorporated in future versions.