Inssider Beta MAC fails to start

Just installed INSSIDER on my Macbook Pro running HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6. It started the first time asking for my email address and password, but they failed to start with the usual “Ignore, Report, try again” prompt from IOS.

Here is some of the report data, perhaps this is helpful. My Preferences do allow INSSIDER to use location.

Crashed Thread: 0 tid_307 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘-[CLLocationManager requestAlwaysAuthorization]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x60400763dbe0’
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

Hello Mgrabow,

Unfortunately the beta version of inSSIDer has only been tested on macOS 10.14 or later. You would need to either update to Mojave or Catalina, or purchase a copy of our legacy version of inSSIDer here, which supports older macOS versions.

UPDATE: Our engineering team has released a new beta version of inSSIDer that appears to work with macOS 10.12 and 10.13 (Sierra and High Sierra). It can be downloaded here.

1 Like

This should be the default version for Mac Ventura as well. The generally available Inssider Beta has a bug that after Clearing Data (under File menu), the user must close the app and reopen to see new data. However, the attached file, High Sierra, version does not exhibit this issue and is a superior version.

This version appears not to work with Ventura. The start up message does not match the latest “Privacy and Security”. inSSSIDer does not appear in this.

Experiencing the same problem on Mac M1 on Ventura.
Despite allowing Location in Privacy and Security - it’s stuck on the green loading screen