Installed inSSIDer and cannot see own network

Hi,

I installed inSSIDer on my noebook. It lists five networks, but my notebook picks up approx 21 networks. inSSIDer does not even display the network I use.

version 0.0.4.5 beta on MacOS 10.14.6

is this a trick, or is there a problem with MacOS?

Regards,S.

Don 't worry. I used the builtin Macos wifi scanner and got what I needed.

It looks like the MacOS version does not display 5Ghz networks with hidden SSIDs. Older versions would show an unnamed SSID on the channel(s) that it was operating on, but this version (0.0.4.5 beta) doesn’t, and neither did a previous version. I updated to 0.0.4.5 beta to see if it fixed the issue, but it didn’t.

I guess that’s why it’s a ‘beta’ release??

Hello junk4,

I installed inSSIDer on my noebook. It lists five networks, but my notebook picks up approx 21 networks.

Sorry to hear about the trouble! Our support team has seen this issue with inSSIDer for Mac since 2014 and we still have not been able to reproduce it or figure out why it’s happening for some users. Here is a screenshot of my copy of inSSIDer, which as you can see lists out all visible networks:

Hopefully someone who is more familiar with macOS and WiFi scanning can chime in with suggestions on what might be happening here. A good start is to make sure Location Services are enabled and try running inSSIDer again.