InSSIDer for Mac Prereqs and InSSIDer 4 Question

Been using InSSIDer 4 for a number of years and decided to have a look at InSSIDer 5 beta on an old Macbook Air (MacOS 10.13.6). It crashes on launch so I’m guessing the minimum pre-req for MacOS is higher ?

The reason I wanted to look at the new version …

The refresh rate for InSSIDer 4 doesn’t appear to be adjustable and it still shows SSIDs minutes after the access point has been powered off. Any way of fixing this ?

Hi Kevin,

decided to have a look at InSSIDer 5 beta on an old Macbook Air […] It crashes on launch so I’m guessing the minimum pre-req for MacOS is higher ?

Yes, inSSIDer 5 beta for Mac has only been tested on macOS Catalina. For previous versions of macOS, I would recommend using your copy of inSSIDer 4.

UPDATE: Our engineering team has released a new beta version of inSSIDer that appears to work with macOS 10.12 and 10.13 (Sierra and High Sierra). It can be downloaded here.

The refresh rate for InSSIDer 4 doesn’t appear to be adjustable and it still shows SSIDs minutes after the access point has been powered off. Any way of fixing this ?

Unfortunately you must exit and re-enter the software to force a refresh. I believe we designed inSSIDer this way to try and capture and maintain as much data as possible, even for distant networks. As a result, it may display networks that are no longer there. :frowning:
This might also be caused by a restriction from the WiFi scanning API provided by Apple, but I would need an engineer to confirm.

The Windows version of inSSIDer has a “time-frame” option that allows you to select a designated amount of time to display network information. I imagine this feature will eventually be available in the Mac version of inSSIDer 5, should you decide to upgrade to macOS Catalina. You can currently refresh data in inSSIDer 5 for Mac under File > Clear Data.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Works great! Thank you for keeping us people forced to be behind the times at least able to do what we need to do!

–ja