Is Inssider dead?

Is Inssider a dead product? It looks like it hasn’t been updated in two years, with no bug fixes and no new features. I get that Tonic is amazing and has new stuff, but it ends up looking like that’s getting all the focus. I wouldn’t mind this so much…but since we’re paying annually now for Inssider it seems like there should be something being added to it…

Jeff

1 Like

I can’t even install it on a new computer now. I think it is dead…

@luvschloe : I was able to download inSSIDER, and install inSSIDer on Lenovo L13 Yoga Gen2 (which uses Intel AX201 WiFi module) running Win10 (22H2 19045.3208) on Aug 7, 2023. I was able to open a new free account at metageek.com and verify my email address. After that, yesterday and today inSSIDER is working pretty well for me.

What was once a cool company doing some nice work in a niche area was gobbled up by the Canadians (Auvik) and we haven’t seen much since then (aside from emails promoting Auvik - I get a lot of those. They did some great things to engage with customers in the early days of the pandemic, but I suspect the combination of being a small company and the pandemic was too much. :frowning_face:

-Chris

I’ve been using Wi-Fi Explorer along with my Wi-Spy DBx for a while now, and it’s been a fantastic tool for monitoring my wireless networks. I’ve encountered a problem. It appears that the Wi-Spy DBx isn’t being recognized by Wi-Fi Explorer. I’ve updated both the software and firmware to the latest versions, but I still can’t get it to work. When I launch Wi-Fi Explorer, the Wi-Spy DBx isn’t listed as an available device, even though it’s properly connected to my computer. I’ve tried different USB ports and even a different computer.

1 Like

Is there any similar free software?

I can’t help but notice that there haven’t been any recent updates or new features in the past two years. As a paying customer on an annual basis, I expected to see ongoing improvements and bug fixes. While I appreciate Tonic and its innovative features, it seems like InSSIDer is not receiving the attention it deserves.

With no reply on this post, and other similar posts, one can only assume that Inssider is deprecated.
I have cancelled my subscription.