Is Inssider dead?

Is Inssider a dead product? It looks like it hasn’t been updated in two years, with no bug fixes and no new features. I get that Tonic is amazing and has new stuff, but it ends up looking like that’s getting all the focus. I wouldn’t mind this so much…but since we’re paying annually now for Inssider it seems like there should be something being added to it…

Jeff

1 Like

I can’t even install it on a new computer now. I think it is dead…

@luvschloe : I was able to download inSSIDER, and install inSSIDer on Lenovo L13 Yoga Gen2 (which uses Intel AX201 WiFi module) running Win10 (22H2 19045.3208) on Aug 7, 2023. I was able to open a new free account at metageek.com and verify my email address. After that, yesterday and today inSSIDER is working pretty well for me.

What was once a cool company doing some nice work in a niche area was gobbled up by the Canadians (Auvik) and we haven’t seen much since then (aside from emails promoting Auvik - I get a lot of those. They did some great things to engage with customers in the early days of the pandemic, but I suspect the combination of being a small company and the pandemic was too much. :frowning_face:

-Chris

I’ve been using Wi-Fi Explorer along with my Wi-Spy DBx for a while now, and it’s been a fantastic tool for monitoring my wireless networks. I’ve encountered a problem. It appears that the Wi-Spy DBx isn’t being recognized by Wi-Fi Explorer. I’ve updated both the software and firmware to the latest versions, but I still can’t get it to work. When I launch Wi-Fi Explorer, the Wi-Spy DBx isn’t listed as an available device, even though it’s properly connected to my computer. I’ve tried different USB ports and even a different computer.

1 Like

Is there any similar free software?

I can’t help but notice that there haven’t been any recent updates or new features in the past two years. As a paying customer on an annual basis, I expected to see ongoing improvements and bug fixes. While I appreciate Tonic and its innovative features, it seems like InSSIDer is not receiving the attention it deserves.

1 Like

With no reply on this post, and other similar posts, one can only assume that Inssider is deprecated.
I have cancelled my subscription.

I think the best we can hope for at this point is for inSSIDer to disappear, and Metageek to offer an alternate, less feature rich subscription for Chanalyzer 6 to replace it.

Realistically, some people don’t need and will never purchase full spectrum analyzer. Personally, I just want packet captures and per client statistics. inSSIDer with Pro subscription was really the sweet spot.

need help resetting password to my inSSIDER I rquest for password reset but it does not give me response of changing password or send me message.

Hello dear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As per my opinion, It does seem like Inssider hasn’t received much attention lately, especially compared to Tonic. Since we’re paying annually, it’s fair to expect regular updates and improvements.

I hope this will be helpful and if you want to know more about this then please tell me.

Respected community member :innocent: