Mac USB-C support

Is anyone using MetaGeek tools with a new Mac with only USB-C ports? If so, any tips/recommendations/products that help you deal with attaching USB devices?

Hi BobM35,

I believe I answered this in a support ticket with you already but I will repost here.

I use a 2017 MacBook Pro that only has USB-C ports. Hands-down the best thing I got for it was this Hyper Drive USB-C hub here from BestBuy. This typically is all I use for the Edimax and Wi-Spy and it also has a handy HDMI output for external monitors.

When I’m tethered to a desk, I use an older but still relevant Apple Thunderbolt display that requires this adapter. The Thunderbolt display has many USB ports that are then immediately connected to the MacBook via that adapter so I keep a Wi-Spy and adapter plugged in there as well.

That’s basically it! Of course I boot directly into Windows via Bootcamp when I need to rely on the internal WiFi adapter and use our Windows only applications like Chanalyzer or Eye P.A. Fortunately inSSIDer is Mac compatible so I can also run that software natively in macOS for basic WiFi scanning and spectrum analysis.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.