So wait, is a "Wi-Fi allergy" a real thing?

I stumbled across this post today and was like “whaaaaaa?”

But then went on a quick Google sojourn, and found this:

And then found this and this:

My personal jury (like, the jury in my head that judges things) is still out on this one. I have no doubt that the sufferers are experiencing something; I guess whether or not something is medically “real” depends on what a diagnosis might mean for the sufferer.

I’ve worked around power generators for over 43 years and I can tell you my watch that I use to wear would gain time all the time. Otherwise it never screwed my head up.

1 Like

Whoa, that’s wild that it affected your watch! That kind of reminds me of the TV show LOST where electromagnetic pulses would make an island in the Pacific disappear and reappear. Trippy…

Also, welcome to the MetaGeek Community, @underoverme ! :wave:

Or did I have that backwards?!

1 Like

I’m electrohypersensitive myself and don’t use WIFI and rather use WIRED LAN and I have here for you an analogy in order to appeal the truth:

A US Navy seal undergoes intense month-long training with gradually intensifying stages of torture until the final one where he goes the final 5 days with 1 hour sleep per day. If he survives, he gets his Seal Stamp, which would be “The Moment of Truth” of his incredible will to survive. No other ordinary also-ran man or woman in America can match his achievement which is basically his incredible will to survive.

A scientist or scientist-cum-doctor undergoes extensive decades long, not in a day or in 15minutes of Google internet searching), research and review testing and re-testing probably over a dozen times and types of hypotheses and theories on whether man-made EMFs like WIFI harm and harms severely for some. He/she also undergoes extensive review, peer-review, critique, analysis, and even spiritual soul-searching given what must be the back-breaking weight of commitment and sleepless nights trying to make sense of and piece together the truth, again not as in 1 day or 1 15-30min feel-good Google internet search. When he finally makes the connection between man-made EMFs like WIFI, and, illnesses (all illnesses virtually linked to WIFI or radiofrequency cumulative exposures among many other types of EMFs including from power and electrical utilities), even if the connection is slow-acting and invisible to most non-hypersensitive people like yourself, dear Lael, that would be his ‘Moment of Truth’ by his incredible will over decades of research to find and learn about it.

The point I"m trying to make between these 2 comparisons or analogy is that in this world ANYTHING CAN BE PROVEN on this earth as long as you wanna or desire it! If I wanna prove a good person as bad, I can do so not because I can but because I WANNA! The old adage is useful here: it’s not about what you coulda, shoulda, woulda, mighta, it’s none of those things, it simply boils down to HOW MUCH YOU WANNA IT!!! If you wanna achieve any outcome or dream/goal in life, all you need is DESIRE!!! Ain’t nothing to do with ‘jury is out’, ‘chance’, ‘marketing bullshit’, ‘probabilities’, all you need is TO WANT IT, and, to help your chances of success to convince and persuade a team of supporters or researchers around you to WANT IT AS MUCH AS YOU DO!!!

No man is an island, hence it’s good to WANT something badly such as to PROVE that man-made EMFs like WIFI is very harmful to the human brain, nervous system and cells but not quite good enough because you also need a strong team of people to align with your views and have the same desire for success.

Desire is important, but it takes a village to succeed…

I hope I’m not being wet blanket about WIFI marketing here on MetaGeek, I myself personally love WIFI but due to my electrohypersensitive condition I just have to severely limit my airtime and even stick to WIFI 4 or 5 and stay away from WIFI 6, 6E, 7. Sometimes if that’s not enough because my neighbors are using WIFI 6, 6E or soon to be 7, I’m also in great trouble and distress and need to use shielding materials to block them out. But this shielding is not a magic pill for the condition.

I think when it comes to reading online researches one has to be careful because if one is a beginner in such things (research so specially dedicated to man-made EMFs), one would in one’s inexperienced state of mind not truly know the method in which to go about slowly grasping the various scientific concepts and arguments of the matter which in and of itself is already extremely information-intensive on top of being specially technical. One has to know physics quite a bit yet be able to unlearn what he has been taught in universities quite a bit and relearn the physics specially related to this subject area only. One also has to know biology, medicine, math, statistics, modelling, epidemiology quite well and be the same critique in these areas, ie, unlearn and relearn again to assimilate and make sense of new information and data. Most people like your everyday American man or woman on the streets would hardly fit the profile of someone highly intellectually capable of ‘learning how to learn’ much less learning or learning how to learn about the world’s most esoteric and rarefied/mysterious condition electrohypersensitivity!

Ultimately for most people, not just Americans, actually truly grasping CORRECTLY the concepts/science and the order of concepts/science in order to give one’s confidence to the legitimacy and reality of this mysterious condition is a largely ‘hit and miss’ or ‘game of luck’ occurrence, kinda like a toss of the dice! If you are fortunate, universal space and time already prepared you to encounter properly the vast ocean of research publications concerning electrohypersensitivity with a favorable outcome of you affirming that it exists, and if you are not so fortunate, like the toss of the dice, you end up distancing yourself away from the condition and not fully affirming its existence as real and not imaginary/psychological.

That’s the reality, the real winners are those from the wireless industry as the prolonged game of dice favors their proliferation because the dice is rigged, ie, 90-10 rather than 50-50, which means more people who encounter the vast sea of online research will almost always end up with a personal verdict that ‘the jury is out’ or worst ‘it’s imaginary and not real’…