TP-Link Archer T9UH version 3?

I am a SF Bay Area based computer consultant and have been in New Zealand since January, through the Covid-19 lock-down and will be here for a while yet.
I want to analyze wifi on my laptop as I move around the country at various campervan and holiday park sites.

I am considering getting the compatible TP-Link T9UH adapter and then inSSIDer pro ($100?)
I have been checking sources of the USB adapter here and one source says they will be shipping the Version 3 of the adapter soon. Will that that still be compatible for packet capture with your product if they end up shipping me the version 3 product ?
Is there any other new or soon to be released USB device which is either more flexible than, or superior to the T9UH , e.g., WiFi 6 that I should consider waiting for?
Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

[…] Version 3 of the adapter soon. Will that that still be compatible for packet capture with your product if they end up shipping me the version 3 product ?

Is there any other new or soon to be released USB device which is either more flexible than, or superior to the T9UH , e.g., WiFi 6 that I should consider waiting for?

From what I understand, there is no guarantee that version 3 or any future WiFi 6 adapter will be immediately compatible with inSSIDer 5. We will probably need a few weeks of testing once the new hardware is released to really get a good understanding of the possibility.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

OK. An updated question.
I just ran into a lightly used TP-Link T9U Hardware Version 1 device now. WIll HW Version 1 work with insSSIDer ?
Sorry to be bobbing and weaving …

I don’t believe V1 of this adapter will work. We have only successfully tested V2. I hope that helps!

Thanks. Yup. That helps me NOT buy the used TP-Link T9U, Too bad.
They are a bit more expensive here.
I chose that TP-Link model over the Edimax on the sheer matter that I generally like the build quality and support of the TP-Link line, when I can’t get what I want in the Ubiquiti product lineup.
Any general comment on the approved Edimax USB vs. the TP-Link T9U?
i have another question about an Intel AX200 Wifi6 chip I used to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 15 7568 laptop, but think it might be cleaner to start another thread.
Thanks again…and in advance.
Bob