When inSSIDer supports WiFi6?

I have to check wifi6 operation and device verification.
I am currently using TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9UH and inSSIDer 5.3.22.0.

I tried to check Wifi6-AP, but inSSIDer displays narrow bandwidth 20MHz and very slow Data Rate, I think wifi6 device display is not reliable.

Does it display correctry?
When will inSSIDer and recommended wireless network cards be released?

Hi qwj03061,

I tried to check Wifi6-AP, but inSSIDer displays narrow bandwidth 20MHz and very slow Data Rate

You can see the AP details on the left hand side, which as you can see displays the 80 MHz channel width and a max data rate of 1020.8 Mbps. Are you maybe looking at the client details to the right instead? These are simply details about the current connected clients on that WiFi 6 AP.

If you feel like inSSIDer isn’t reporting something correctly, feel free to send over a .pcap of your environment to support@metageek.com!

1 Like

Thank you for your comment.

I understand that the inSSIDer with Metageek PRO using TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9UH supports Wifi6.

44:4a:db:32:f6:4b is an iPhone11PRO with ax support, but a slow link rate.
It is assumed that this is a miss negotiation between the access point and the iPhone Wifi chip.

Thank you for your support.

![image|690x478](upload://ldPfFy1I0tnJoJFK2WpVUzUevIT.png
I got a Wifi6 wireless LAN card (Archer TX3000E), made it a dual NIC with Archer T9UH, connected the NEC Wifi6 router and iPhone 11 PRO, and captured it.
I see a lot of wireless devices I don’t know, and I can’t see the iPhone 11 PRO I’m connected to.What are these?

I want to observe the link rate etc. that my iPhone 11 PRO is actually connected to.

Hi qwj03061,

I wasn’t able to see the attached image, can you try re-uploading it?

I got a Wifi6 wireless LAN card (Archer TX3000E), made it a dual NIC with Archer T9UH, connected the NEC Wifi6 router and iPhone 11 PRO, and captured it.

Keep in mind that the Archer T9UH is still an 802.11ac adapter, meaning it may not be able to parse some frames sent at WiFi 6 data rates. There are currently no WiFi 6 external WiFi adapters on the market that can perform packet capture in Eye P.A. or inSSIDer natively.

Thanks for sending over those screenshots! Can you please send over a .pcap of this environment to support@metageek.com so our team can take a closer look? You can do this under File > Start a packet capture.

Dear Casey,

Thank you for your support. I will send the capture at the next opportunity.

I have specified 2.4GHz as channel width 20MHz and 5GHz as channel width 40MHz in Aruba510, but inSSIDer shows that it is output at 40MHz and 80MHz respectively.
The wireless LAN card uses 802.11ax support.
Which is correct? Need capture? but acNIC ><;