Do you have a device the scans the 900 MHz frequency band?

While we used to sell the Wi-Spy 900x which scanned the 900 MHz frequencies, we completely discontinued its sale and manufacturing due to lack of demand. It will still work with Chanalyzer 5 if you happen to find one in the wild!

I typically recommend the HackRF One for other frequencies outside 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Hello Casey,

does this means the HackRF One will work with Chanalyzer?

Thanks,

Teodor

Unfortunately HackRF One does not work with Chanalyzer. I would recommend starting here for compatible software with the HackRF One.

Hi Casey! I have a Wi-Spy 900x. Needed it again, so I updated my MetaCare, reloaded latest Channalyzer 5 and when I plug the unit into any USB - direct on laptop or through USB-C Hub, I get this Popup that Windows doesn’t know this device and yellow triangled message in Devices:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) and

Unknown USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000

Any ideas? I have loaded Chanalyzer on a couple laptops… all Windows 10 Pro or Workstation 64bit.

Is there a discrete USB driver to load since Windows cannot seem to find an updated or rollback driver. Disabling and Enabling the device line still shows the yellow triangle error.
Thanx in advance for any assistance!

Hi cliff.kirby,

Hmm, I don’t believe the 900x required a driver, similar to the DBx. While I haven’t tested newer versions of Chanalyzer with the 900x, can you try using this older version of Chanalyzer and see if it works?

If not, does the Wi-Spy show up in Device Manager?

Here are the steps to check:

1. Open the Device Manager by clicking on the Start button, typing Device Manager, and pressing enter.

2. In the Device Manager, find the Human Interface Devices group, and expand it.

3. The Wi-Spy will be listed as an HID-compliant device in the list. Try plugging in the Wi-Spy and see if an HID-compliant device appears or disappears when you unplug the Wi-Spy.

HI Casey, tnx for the reply.
On plugging in the 900x, Windows immediately says it doesn’t recognize the device.

The Device Manager doesn’t get that far as you suggest.

When plugging into any USB, Device Manager shows changes in the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” section instead of “HID” section pops up and

shows a yellow triangle with exclamation point at the connection icon on the device line and displays: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

where I posted these errors detail in my initial question, Windows would not continue to load and stopped the device (Code 43)

I will try the older link version you provided to see if that makes a difference. I had walked up through various versions to install when the license server would not authorize the older 5.10.0.03 due to my last MetaCare purchase… I am now using 5.14.1.1. … so I will uninstall and back down to that previous version and see it it provides the Windows USB Device information for the 900x.

Done, no changes… Windows still doesn’t recognize the 900x as a valid device, immediately pops up the error message. And the Device Manager error lines show up and disappear as the 900x is connected or disconnected… so I know that is the suspect event.

I could pull all the events dialog messages and forward them if it would help to troubleshoot.

As a side note the 2.4x USB is recognized just fine in the same USB ports.

Very weird.
Thanx again for any additional suggestions.
Cliff

the availability of devices that can scan the 900 MHz frequency band depends on the context and purpose of the scanning. The 900 MHz frequency band is used for various applications such as cellular communication, industrial systems, wireless data transmission, Ultra K9 Pro Reviews and more.

There are specific devices, such as spectrum analyzers or software-defined radios (SDRs), that can scan and analyze different frequency bands, including the 900 MHz band. These devices can be used for purposes such as network monitoring, radio frequency (RF) testing, signal analysis, or research.