Some time ago inSSIDer worked perfectly: let’s assume I have an AP on channel 36 and I change it to channel 100 and reboot. Old one disappears, new one appears.
But somewhere since 5.1 I’ve noticed strange behaviour. The same use case: AP is running on channel 36, after reboot it picks up channel 100. After the AP is up again I get a very weird picture:
If I go to AP details, it for some reason displays: channel: 42  and that’s totally wrong. The only thing that helps is restarting inSSIDer, after the restart it correctly shows the AP as having channel 100, both on graphs and in AP details.
There’s something wrong going on as in 5.0 I didn’t have to restart inSSIDer to get chose changes displayed correctly.