Need to Completely Disable RF on HP Printer

M283fdw HP laser printer. I asked before I bought if wifi and all other wireless connections could be disabled. Even though WiFi is set to OFF on the printer, there are extreme RF emissions–240,000 microwatts per meter squared, which are giving me a pounding headache that is still here one hour later after having it on for literally one minute.

When I talked to HP, I made it very clear that there needed to be no signal from the printer. Clearly, there is. I read on a post somewhere that HP printers can act like wifi hotspots, and even if the wifi is disabled (i.e., you can’t use it), it is still broadcasting.

Can someone please, please help me to disable all RF transmissions? I can’t use this printer.

Someone on an HP site said the following, but I don’t understand how to do it (and don’t know if it would work, but posting here in case it helps solve this; if someone can please flesh it out for a non-techie).

"Some printers are broadcasting a WiFi signal with the SSID as teh printer model. It is doing this with WiFi Direct printing off. Trying to fix it from the printers panel does not work. I messed around in the web interface and found that turning it on, changing the default settings, apllying the changes and then shutting the feature off works.

Log into the printer via it’s IP address ( use your front panel to find address) and go into Networking. Go into WiFi Direct Setup. Turn it on. Change defualt SSID to something else. Then change the WiFi Direct PW to something strong. Apply. Then turn WiFI Direct OFF. Done. Check to see if its still broadcasting. Its should not be.

Shutting off the SSID broadcast just hides the SSID. It does not secure your network. Many free downloads can snoop for Wifi signals and find SSIDs even if hidden. "

Thank you for any help you can provide. My computer DOES NOT HAVE A WIFI CARD. I could us a mobile phone if need be.