Newbie to Inssider

I’d like to increase the efficiency of my wifi. I found your website and thought it might help. I downloaded Inssider and have ZERO idea of where to go or how to open it. Can you help with next steps? Thanks

Welcome to the MetaGeek Community @briantess, and thanks for trying out inSSIDer! I’m sorry we let you down on getting things up and running.

Whether you are on a Mac or a WIndows machine, you should find the inSSIDer installer you downloaded in the downloads folder on your computer, which usually resides in your home directory and is called “Downloads”.

Double click the installer to open it.

On Windows, the app will be installed and start up.

On a Mac, you’ll get a window that shows you how to drag and drop the application into your Mac’s “Applications” folder, and after that you can run inSSIDer in Applications from the Finder or the Doc.

You’ll use your https://my.metageek.com account to log in to inSSIDer, and you’ll be guided through account creation if you don’t already have one.

There are also lots of articles and videos that can help you use inSSIDer to get your Wi-Fi running smoothly over at https://www.metageek.com/training

Hello, I am attempting to sign into the inSSIDer app on my PC for the first time. I am using the same login credentials that I use to login into my Metageek account with no success. I receive an error message indicating: “Unable to verify your credentials. Please verify your email and password and try again.” Any advice?

1 Like

Hello, @Rodney_Jones88, welcome to the MetaGeek Community! I’m very sorry that your first post is because inSSIDer is behaving badly while you are trying to log in. I’m super-annoyed by this bug, because we’ve never been able to get it to happen for us when we’re testing the software, but for some users it happens every time they try to log in from the app. We also don’t see anything in the server logs to indicate what’s happening. In the most recent version of inSSIDer, we added some enhanced logging on the app itself that can hopefully help us figure out what is going wrong. Unfortunately, I don’t personally know how to enable that logging or decipher the output, so I’m going to leave it to @casey or @vanessa to help with that. It might be fastest for you to get in touch with @casey via email at support AT metageek DOT net, but I’m sure he’ll post instructions for using the enhanced logging here on the community soon.

1 Like

Ok, @brian, thanks Brian

1 Like

Hello, @Rodney_Jones88, here are some instructions on gathering some additional logs so we can work on fixing this: Trouble logging into inSSIDer?