Trouble logging into inSSIDer?

If you are experiencing login issues with inSSIDer, please try the following steps and send the resulting log file to support@metageek.com:

1. Download the latest version of inSSIDer here
  2. Close inSSIDer
  3. Open Command Prompt
  4. Type in cd AppData\Local\inSSIDer\app-5.3.22 and hit enter
  5. Right click on the inSSIDer shortcut icon and go to Properties
  6. Add “–enableLogging” at the end of the Target field so it will look like inSSIDer.exe --enableLogging.
  7. Start inSSIDer
  8. Try to log in
  9. Close the app
  10. Use Windows Explorer and go to the MetaGeek Local app data folder (under C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\MetaGeek)
  11. Look for a file that starts with inSSIDerTrace

If the file exists, please attach and send it to support@metageek.com so our engineering team can try to figure out where the sign in process is failing!

No inSSIDerTrace for me.

Version: 5.3.24.0

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\inSSIDer\app-5.3.24>inSSIDer.exe --enableLogging

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\inSSIDer\app-5.3.24>

I this not fix yet? I have the same as Jan on 5.4.0.0

Hi @maillist01! Sorry to hear about the trouble logging into inSSIDer. Can you describe the problem that you’re experiencing?

@Joel

inSSIDer version: 5.4.0

Problems:
Unable to login. Credentials work on my.metageek.com but not on inSSIDer. I followed the steps but there is no file that starts with inSSIDerTrace.

This problem occurs in a laptop, Acer Aspire 3 A315, but not on my desktop.

SOLVED
Tthe problem was the wrong system time (caused by dual booting with a linux system), adjusting the date the problem did not arise.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the solution!

adjusting data time did not work for me

Thank you. I have a the wrong system time. And now its working

I am having this problem today,

I am using a password manager, the same credentials work on your website. Copy/Pasted into the app so it is identical, but…

inSSIDer.exe Information: 0 : Logging is enabled
inSSIDer.exe Error: 0 : The request has not succeded. Response Status Code : Unauthorized, Response Content: {"message":"These credentials do not match our records."}.
inSSIDer.exe Information: 0 : These credentials do not match our records.