No capture device detected

Hi

I am using both Edimax and TP-link adapters and they are the approved models. My Eye PA is running 2.4.2.7. I had no issues with running Eye PA with both adapters on my existing laptop running Win 10.

I got a new laptop running Win 11. I downloaded Eye PA and Tonic. When I open Eye PA with either Edimax or TP-link adapters, I got the error message “No Capture Device Detected. If you want to use Airpcap please install the Airpcap driver and connect the device”.

Do I need to install AirPcap driver separately or does this comes with Eye PA and Tonic?

Thanks.

Regards,
Simon

Hi

Just to add more information. I opened Device Manager and observed the USB network adapter while running Eye PA. It did swap the driver and it showed [Commview] Edimax EW-7833UAC. But there was an ! inside a triangle next to [Commview].

The same happened when I ran Tonic. The swap did happen but same triangle ! next to [CommView]. I have .Net 48 and above running.

Appreciate anyone with Win 11 and have similar experience to please share the solution.

Update: Solved. Memory Integrity was set to ‘Disable’. Settings > Windows Security > Device Security > Core Isolation.

Thanks.

Regards,
Simon

1 Like

Hi
I have resolved the problem. I have both Edimax and TP Link adapter. Previously, I was only using Edimax to test and it worked. On other occasions, I inserted only the TP Link adapter and I was able to use it on Eye PA and Tonic. However, I just tried both adapters on Tonic and Eye PA and it seems only Edimax is selected, i.e. TP Link adapter was unselected. In Device Manager, only Edimax has the driver swapped.
If I removed Edimax and only have the TP link adapter, the driver is swapped when activating Eye PA or Tonic. I could see CommView next to TP link adapter.
Has anyone experienced this on Win 11? I was previously using Win 10 and I was able to use both adapters on Eye PA and Tonic.

Thanks for any advise.

Regards,
Simon

The solution worked for us. We had to toggle the Memory Integrity feature. This tip should be on the formal help page. https://support.metageek.com/hc/en-us/articles/4784030803991-Stuck-on-Looking-for-Packet-Capture-Adapters-

Thanks Simon!

Glad it helped you as well.