Signifi - thinks I am on Ethernet when on Wifi

I am using Signifi (0.0.9.10). for the first time and cannot use as it thinks I am on ethernet.
I don’t even have Ethernet on this machine.

My laptop is a Mac Book Pro (13-inch, 2017) using macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2

Attached are two screen shots.
-Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for letting us know about this! Does restarting your machine make a difference, or is Signifi still stuck after that?

Since macOS 11.5.2 is out of date (from August 2021), I wonder if updating to 11.6.1 (from October 2021) would make any difference.

Good suggestion @BLLuten! @user16, grabbing some of the updates for Big Sur would probably be a good idea. We’ve heard this from two customers (including you), but we’re continuing to work on figuring it out.

I have same problem on my Mac. Sign Wifi only sees ethernet interface but I am using Wifi and I dont see anyway to change interface. I restarted the Mac and have latest versions of OS.

A customer recently found a possible workaround for this bug:

Making the “USB 10/100/1000 LAN” service inactive in the Network preferences and restarting the app fixed it. The app continues to work now even after re-enabling “USB 10/100/1000 LAN” while not connected to ethernet.

Let me know if this helps!

I have the same issue. I’m on a MacBook Pro M1, running Monterey 12.3.1 build (21E258), which is the latest as of last week.I installed the Signifi Agent when I first purchased laptop 3 months ago, I’m now running version 2.2.0, which it indicates is the latest version.

It has always reported Ethernet as the interface, since I started the service. I’ve disabled all of the other interfaces and even created a new “Location” profile in Network with only the WiFi interface enabled. I’m still getting the Ethernet interface designation in the Signifi Agent client. I’m happy to help troubleshoot further if you want console logs, or need any additional info.
Thanks
Joe