Rampart Agent: "WiFi audits are only available for your home network"

Rampart Agent

1 Like

Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! We believe this issue is related to not being connected to WiFi. Can you verify that you are using a WiFi adapter for internet, or provide a screenshot of the Stats page?

I am experiencing the same issue, doesn’t look like there was any resolution posted for this problem.
Sorry to hijack but thought it best to keep the issue together in case anyone else came looking!

1 Like

Having the same problem where I only get two options: rescan location and view last audit report. I haven’t even used the app yet.

Hi taylorhale2666,

Can you please try signing out and back in using the […] menu:

test

And let me know if this helps?

We are seeing this as well as Signifi Business Beta testers. Users are definitely connected to WiFi, and we have tried the suggested Sign-Out / Rescan network / etc to no success.

And I’m curious, if a user installs the application on their laptop and happens to be in temp remote office location and run the first initial audit, and then they are back at their home fulltime and attempt to run the audit, will it present issues like this?

Hey @techris!

And I’m curious, if a user installs the application on their laptop and happens to be in temp remote office location and run the first initial audit, and then they are back at their home fulltime and attempt to run the audit, will it present issues like this?

Yes, this is exactly what’s happening. In today’s release build of Signifi Agent, it establishes a “Home Site” when you perform your first scan. Then, when you actually go home, it will stubbornly reject your real home.

The fix, for now, is to go to my.metageek.com, and delete the site for that user. Then, they can take a scan from home.

We have a major update to Signifi Agent coming shortly which makes significant changes to how we handle sites. Whenever Signifi notices that you’re at a new site, it asks, “Where are you?” and you can choose between Home, Work, or Somewhere Else. If you select Home, it will ask if your Home Site changed, and basically overwrite the old Home Site. That should completely resolve this issue without all of the hassle.

If you have more feedback for us, definetely let us know! Thanks!

ahhh makes perfect sense, Joel – that is why I made sure to include that in my comment bc I had a gut feeling that was the particular issue in this case. Good to have it confirmed… and so quickly at that!

Ha, good timing! I just happened to have the right browser tab open on a Saturday morning. If you run into any other weirdness in Signifi, or if you have any more feedback, feel free to post it and @ me! Big update coming in a few weeks…

Perfect! And sounds good… looking forward to it!