inSSIDer plans to support 6Ghz spectrum Wi-Fi 6E?

I have the Intel AX210 already installed in my laptop and have pre-ordered the new NETGEAR RAXE500 that should arrive sometime in March 2021. I’m very curious when inSSIDer plans to support the 6Ghz band.

2 Likes

Hi timwomble1,

This is a great question! From what I understand, 6e support in inSSIDer will come in two parts.

The first part will be to parse IE elements so inSSIDer can at least display 6e information for a network, such as channel, data rates, etc. This should be accomplished relatively quickly once our engineers can get their hands on some 6e APs and equipment.

The second part will be to graphically display the 6 GHz band in inSSIDer. Unfortunately I cannot give a timeline on this effort since I am not an engineer.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Any update on inSSIDer support of 6e? In Version 5.5.0 on latest Windows 11 there are some oddities, such as channel number being reported as 227 (instead of 37) and width being shown as 20MHz (when it might really be something more like 80 or 160) and 2 spatial stream MCS Index 11 max rate being reported as 243.8 (instead of something presumably much higher)

Hey Doug!

Whoa, is inSSIDer 5 actually getting some data from your AX210? I’m surprised to hear that. I don’t have a laptop with an AX210 (yet), so I haven’t tested it at all. Feel free to contact us at support@metageek.net with some screenshots, if you’d like.

As for whether we plan to support 6 GHz with inSSIDer… yes. Absolutely yes. The question is when! I wish I could give you some kind of time table, but I think it would just end up being wrong. For now, I’m going to stick with “soon”. I hope that isn’t infuriating.

When we do support 6 GHz with inSSIDer, I think we’ll bump to calling it inSSIDer 6. We figure that’s just too good of an opportunity to pass up. :slight_smile:

Stay tuned for updates and stuff, especially once we get into the new year!

1 Like

I just installed two AX210 cards in two laptops after installing my Netgear RBKE963B. Having some issues with the 6 GHz band, and can’t even use inSSIDer to troubleshoot! Hopefully this gets corrected very soon!

I see the same thing as Doug, seeing the 6ghz SSID showing up but with incorrect information such as 387 for the channel, g/ax as the mode and the max rate is way off → 286.8. Would be nice to have a scanner that can display the new spectrum properly.

Thanks for the feedback @AllenHebert. It’s on the roadmap, and we’re excited to get working on it! Unfortunately we can’t dedicate resources to it right away, but we are hoping to work on it soon.

1 Like

Checking in for an update on inSSIDer Support for 6 GHz.
Any news Metageek can share?

Given the availability of the Netgear A8000 USB 6E with 6GHz NIC HW is now available…

We would appreciate any info you can share…

Pete

3 Likes

Any update on Wi-Fi 6E support?

4 Likes

While waiting for Wi-Fi 6E support, router manufacturers have already begun releasing Wi-Fi 7 devices… Where are the updates required to make this software relevant again?

3 Likes