Wi-Spi Air Viewer continuously crashes

I cannot get Air Viewer to work properly. The app only works once after installing it; attempts to start the app afterwards continuously crash immediately after showing the “Connect your Wi-Spy Air” splash screen. I have tried everything I can think of, none of the following work:

Starting the app with the Air already connected
Starting the app with the Air not connected
Trying the app on a different iPhone
Trying the app on a different iPad
rebooting the iPhone/iPad in between attempts to start the app

The only thing that works is if I completely delete the app, reboot the device and re-install the Air Viewer app. Then, at best, the app works exactly once (and sometimes it crashes immediately again).

I have all the latest iOS/iPadOS updates applied, and am running the latest updates for the Air Viewer app (1.2.4). I have been waiting, hoping for an app update…but the last update was published more than 5 months ago (and the prior update was 9 months ago).

If this cannot be fixed I will have to return the device. How can this problem be resolved?

Hi Geordie! Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’ve created a ticket to fix it, and we’ve moved it to the top of our development backlog. We’ll let you know here when the problem has been fixed.

FYI: same thing was happening to me yesterday. I “deleted” the app from my iPad and reinstalled. It now works.

I am having the exact same issue and just submitted a ticket for it.
Removing the app and re-installing is not a feature I can live with.

I have the same issue on my iPhone and I can’t use the snapshot feature on my Android…

What is the latest with this?
It’s clearly an issue preventing use of the product.

Hello Greg,

We are aware of a crash that is caused by the phone auto-locking and are currently working on a fix.

In the meantime I recommend changing the auto-lock on your iPhone while using Air Viewer to “Never” under Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock.

Stay tuned!

Hey Casey,
Same issue here and have had for months maybe a year. Anything new on this fix?

Do you guys still employ anyone who may be able to fix this?
Still does not work.
Doesn’t look like there has been any updates this year.