Wifi 6 - internal transfer speed slow!

Hi Guys,
I just upgraded my network at home to the Asus GT-AX11000 Router.
I have also installed a TP-link Archer TX3000E wifi card inside the pc.

The main reason for the upgrade was the slow internal transfer, I back up about 6-30 gigs of images onto Nas (QNAP-TS699Pro) per event, the speed I’m getting is about 3Mb / S
the NAS is connected to the router via the 2.5 g port and a normal port (2 hardwired connections) and both are active and have noticed access to data on it has improved.

I have tested all internet speeds on devices and I do get 100Mbps download which is my internet plan.
I am not sure if that is an issue caused by the NAS or wifi (there is only 1 internal wall between the router and PC and they are 4 meters away from each other)

I need some expert advice please! did I just waste about a grand on equipment? or some settings? I have been reading for some time, hence me finally finding this community

thanking you in advance!

Hi RodneysPhotography,

Thanks for reaching out!

the NAS is connected to the router via the 2.5 g port and a normal port (2 hardwired connections) and both are active and have noticed access to data on it has improved.

To clarify, are you still getting only 3 Mbps during a local file transfer when hard-lined directly via ethernet? If so, there is a good chance the slow speed is a result of the local file transfer protocol as opposed to the WiFi, which seems performant if you are regularly getting 100 Mbps down.

Personally, I noticed my local file transfer speeds were drastically lowered when I switched ISPs (from cable to fiber). Out of curiosity, can you let me know what ISP you are using?

Hi Casey,
thank you for your quick reply, the slow speed is only through wireless. i meant the NAS was connected to the wifi through 2 network cables.
my ISP is Telstra NBN 100.
i don’t think it’s an external issue as the download speed is very fast. it’s only when transferring files internally from pc to the NAS.
when transferring through a laptop that has a wireless AC adaptor I get 18Mb transfer speed.

Have you tried to read tp-link support (also in the user manual)
https://www.tp-link.com/pl/support/faq/2989/
How about old drivers (some old wifi cards). Was it removed and uninstalled (using device manager: view → show hidden devices?
Do you see 5 GHz in inSSIDer?

hi sorry about the late reply.
yes all old ones have been removed and i can see the 5ghz, with excellent reception!