inSSIDer clear stale data

Love inSSIDer and use it almost daily but there is one feature missing and it should be an easy one: the ability to clear all data and rescan.

I use mainly inSSIDer to troubleshoot access points (work for a manufacturer) and I change the configuration of these access points frequently but the data doesn’t seem to refresh or it takes forever. I usually have to close and restart inSSIDer, every 5 minutes when I’m doing testing to get “fresh” data.

Would it be possible to add an option in the File menu to clear all data?

1 Like

@dave.michaud I’m so glad that you love inSSIDer! We will look into the data not refreshing and/or a clear option.
What configuration parameters do you frequently change? Thanks!

Typically I change SSID, channel, channel bandwidth, encryption, 11r, qbss load IE, basic rates and country code

Here is an example. I have an AP running on channel 149 @ 80 MHz. Looking at the signal graph for this AP, the level is -30 dBm and the network details show the correct channel and signal.

I change the AP channel to 36, the network graph at the bottom updates correctly. The network details on the left pane are still showing channel 149 but with a signal of -47 dBm. Going back to the full AP list and re-entering into the detail screen updates the signal to -31 dBm but it still displays channel 149.

If I quit inSSIDer and restart it, then all the information is updated correctly, it shows channel 36 and signal -31 dBm.

Hey Metageek team!

Wondering if this arguably very simple “Refresh network scan” option could make it in the software?

It’s becoming a serious issue in my workflow. I must be killing and restarting inSSIDer 50 times a day just to force a refresh of old stale data. I’m expecting this to be either automatic or at the very least give me the option to go it.

The old version had a clear data menu option.